An update of the Bible app is on the way! Version 2.0 of the YouVersion iPhone Bible app (Bible) is waiting patiently in line for approval at the iTunes Store. Last week we pushed out an update that included new YouVersion Live functionality and some Twitter features that we’re pretty excited about. The last update was also supposed to include the ability to view The Message as an offline translation. But a couple wires got crossed somewhere in that process that prevented The Message from showing up offline and also caused different translations to disappear offline for some users.
We apologize for the bugs that kept some of you from having access to your translation of choice. This update solves all of those issues, and refines the Bible app and some of the new features launched last week. Specifically here is what this update, version 2.0, includes:
- The Bible translation “The Message” is available as an offline download.
- A fix for the bug that caused certain translations to disappear when the Bible app was restarted or rebooted.
- Several improvements to YouVersion Live Events and detail pages.
- The addition of a webkit/browser into Bible app, so when clicking on links from within YouVersion Live, it doesn’t require leaving out to Safari.
- Completion of API implementation across the entire Bible app.
- Several speed and performance improvements.
In the midst of all the YouVersion Live launch excitement, we also had the pleasure of connecting with many of you last week during Catalyst and asking you the question, “What do you love about YouVersion?” Go to the YouVersion Facebook Page to see what people had to say and to share your answer!