If you haven’t checked out the new look of m.youversion.com
, now would be a good time! YouVersion mobile has undergone a significant redesign, offering you access to your profile while also putting you one click away from the Bible Reader! Some of the other features include:
- Sign-up for a new account,
- Sign-in and access your profile,
- View contributions and users profile,
- Add a new journal entry tied to scripture,
- And view all the translations and versions available to YouVersion web users.
Access YouVersion mobile from any web enabled phone and engage in Scripture like never before, utilizing the YouVersion community’s contributions and adding your own thoughts to the scripture text via the journal.
[NOTICE: IE 6 users will be automatically redirected to m.youversion.com – to access the full site we recommend downloading IE 7 or Mozilla Firefox to access the full site.]
As we roll out YouVersion updates you will be able to check back here for a description of the features added and bugs fixed. We are working hard to enhance YouVersion to give you the best possible online space for Biblical engagement. Update 2.0.1 was pushed yesterday afternoon with the following features/fixes:
- Redirected all old url links to new YouVersion (so you don’t have to go back and update your links)
- Daily Reading RSS is now available
- Recent Contributions RSS is now available
- All links on the reader page bring up sign-in lightbox
- Improved User search
- Verse highlighting in Reader will highlight range of verses
- Fixed bug in Daily Reading Widget
- Fixed bug in Journal Create
- Bookmarks now show the correct version you bookmarked verse in
- Sign in with Email now avail
- Fixed scroll to problem in Reader
- Reader saves version, reference location, and widget order
After much anticipation YouVersion 2.0 has launched! Here’s a look at what’s new, as well as some things to look forward to in the coming months:
- A new design: We have given YouVersion a facelift, making the Bible reader the first place you land. Anyone can browse Scripture immediately upon hitting the site, giving people direct access to the Bible with fewer clicks.
- Widgetized: The right window pane now contains contribution, daily reading, and journal widgets that can be organized within the pane. See what you want, where you want it!
- Tag, Bookmark, and Link: Now found in one area above the widgets, this new location gives you the ability to organize your thoughts and readings without ever having to leave the Bible Reader.
- Parallel Readers: Want to see the what two different versions have to say about Matthew 5-7? Now you can compare NIV and The Message without having to grab two different Bibles. It can also be used to read two different languages – read in English on one side and Korean on the other. Or if you want to read the Sermon on the Mount in Mark and Matthew, you can un-sync the parallel readers and browse separately. [keyboard shortcut = control + option + p]
- My Page: Take a look at the contributions of those you are following, and see your likes, bookmarks, contributions, and journal entries.
- Community Page: A global view of YouVersion user activity, the community page is your place to engage with the YouVersion community. See what people are contributing, liking, and tagging!
- Mobile Pages: Access the mobile apps (iPhone, BlackBerry and other mobile devices) through these specific mobile pages. Download instructions and compatibility specifics are found within these pages.
They say seven is a symbolic number… so we’ll stop there, but be on the lookout for much more to come as we turn our attention to mobile, tying in user interaction from mobile to web to give you seamless integration from your mobile device to your home computer or laptop. Also look for an updated <a href=”http://m.youversion.com”>m.youversion.com</a> in the coming weeks, with the ability to log-in and add journal entries from your phone.
We’re excited to get this update out the door and in your hands! It’s been an exciting few months here at LifeChurch.tv as we’ve spent many hours designing, tweaking and developing this release. YouVersion first launched in September 2007, promoting online Scripture engagement through a community of dedicated users. Our desire was to make the Bible accessible and spur users to engage with Scripture through their contributions of text, links, photos and videos. With the addition of the iPhone Bible app in July 2008 and the Blackberry app in October, it has become evident that YouVersion was experiencing momentum and plans to enhance YouVersion began to fall into place.
We want to take a moment and give praise to God for the awesome opportunity He has given us to further Biblical interaction using the Web! We also want to thank you for the valuable contributions you have made (and will continue to make) to YouVersion. With every contribution, you show that engagement with Scripture is valuable to your spiritual journey!
Yesterday, YouVersion passed one million unique users on the iPhone/iPod touch through the YouVersion Bible App. Since the launch of the Bible App users have spent 407,000,000 plus minutes engaging with God’s word!! Wow!
I’m gonna let that number soak in for a second.
407,000,000 minutes = 326,388 days, 21 hours and 20 minutes of Bible engagement.
Our excitement stems from our desire here at LifeChurch.tv to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. From the start YouVersion’s purpose has been to open new doors to help people connect the Bible to their daily lives. At the core, our focus remains on relevancy as we consistently strive to demonstrate and teach people how God’s Word relates to everyone, no matter where they are in life.
YouVersion isn’t just a tool to impact the world using innovative technology, more importantly, it promotes engaging people into a relationship with God as they discover the relevance the Bible has for their lives. So thank you for spreading the news, twittering, and blogging about YouVersion. We are looking forward to many more minutes of Scripture engagement as we all strive to become fully devoted followers of Christ!
Over the past few months the YouVersion team has been working diligently to spread the good news and encourage scripture engagement throughout the interwebs. After much collaboration we are excited to announce two strategic partnerships that introduces Bible engagement to thousands of users across the globe.
February 1st, GodTube announced the launch of tangle, a social networking tool for the faith-based and family friendly marketplace. In expanding tangle introduced a Virtual Bible which is powered by YouVersion. We are excited to partner with this growing community allowing more people to engage with scripture.
On February 16th, PurposeDriven.com introduced a new online magazine driven by Reader’s Digest, this robust website is dedicated to inspiration, information, and conversation on your Christian walk. The website includes a Bible Search link that directly ties into YouVersion, giving their wider community access to authentic connectivity within the Biblical narrative.
Check out both sites as each offer unique community and a plethora of options for digital media interaction.