A new update to the YouVersion Bible app for Android is available in the Android Market. You can download it by going to http://youversion.com/download from your Android-powered device. This update includes some great new features, speed enhancements, and a more polished user experience (UX). Here are the details:
- ~ Now you can sign in with your YouVersion account. This is the first step toward full integration with all the power of YouVersion.com. The first feature-specific integration is reading plans, but many more syncing options are planned for future releases.
- ~ The reading plans feature-set is robust. It was the first of its kind when we released it for YouVersion.com, the mobile website, the iPhone app and the Blackberry app, and we’re excited to now offer the same functionality to YouVersion’s awesome Android users. You’ll be able to follow any of the 20+ YouVersion reading plans, track your reading progress, and share your readings with your friends through Twitter and email. (Facebook integration is on our roadmap.)
- ~ We’ve added the sharing capabilities of Android to scripture and reading plans, which means you can now share from the other apps you have installed on your phone like Email, SMS, Twitter or Evernote for example.
- ~ We spent some time on this release rethinking the UX and working to make your experience reading the Bible on your Android device as smooth and enjoyable as possible. We think you’ll like the subtle (and some not-so-subtle) improvements.
- ~ Android users are used to crisp experiences with Google’s native applications like the Browser, Gmail, Maps, etc. We want to make your experience with the YouVersion Bible app just as snappy and responsive, so we made it a point to speed up the app with this update. If you’re a long-time user of the YouVersion Android app, you’ll notice a significant improvement in response time for core actions like selecting a verse, changing versions, scrolling through text, moving to the next chapter in the Bible, etc.
This release has been highly anticipated within the YouVersion team and we’re confident that you’ll enjoy all the changes we’ve made. To download this release, and any future updates, go to http://youversion.com/download on your mobile phone. And, if you have feedback for us regarding this update, go to http://support.youversion.com and let us know about it.
Here are a few screen shots for your viewing pleasure!
New Low Light Reading View
Sign In via Setting page
Long press now included Share and Copy
Share with your favorite applications