YouVersion is pleased to announce Our Daily Bread, an all-new 30-day devotional plan from RBC, one of the world’s most trusted sources for devotions. It’s an honor to partner with RBC (once known as “Radio Bible Class”), who has published the Our Daily Bread devotional every day since 1956.
Designed to take just minutes a day, the Our Daily Bread plan encourages you to reflect on all that God means to you—and on what you mean to Him. You’ll find wisdom in daily passages from His Word, along with inspiration in the life-changing stories that accompany them.
The phrase, “our daily bread” comes directly from “the Lord’s Prayer” in the Gospel of Matthew, where Jesus teaches His disciples a simple way to pray. Of course, Jesus also pointed out that we don’t live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from God’s mouth. Making time for God’s Word every day is one of the most important keystone habits any believer can learn. Sign up for Our Daily Bread, and start yours today.
The all-new, reimagined Bible App™ for Android Tablet (v. 4.3.0) is available now from Google Play. (And it’s coming soon to Kindle!) We designed this version of the Bible App specifically for Android tablets, giving it an all-new interface and adding features optimized to take full advantage of the screens on larger-format Android devices. Besides the smoothest, most seamless experience we’ve ever offered in a tablet release, we think you’ll find a lot to love in this release:
Sync Across Devices. Any settings you’ve saved with your free YouVersion account—including all your Notes, Bookmarks, Highlights, Reading Plans, and more—will show up on all your devices. No need to do anything special; as long as you’re signed in, the Bible App will remember your preferences and settings.
Get the Most from Your Screen. Engage with the Scriptures like never before with the Bible App’s Video feature. Explore the JESUS Film, watch excerpts from record-setting TV miniseries The Bible, and view clips from the Lumo Project, all optimized for use on larger, hi-resolution screens.
Access Multiple Bible Versions, Even Offline. The Bible App now offers more than 500 unique Bible versions in 300 different languages, right at your fingertips. Many of these are available offline, too, which means you can use them even when you’re away from Wi-Fi. Here’s how: When you have a solid connection, check the versions list for downloadable versions (indicated with a gray arrow). Simply tap the arrows for the ones you want to copy to your device.
We’ve even tweaked this version for performance enhancements, which we hope you’ll notice, and for a few crash fixes—which we hope you won’t. Let us know how you like this newest release on Facebook and Twitter. And be sure you share it with your friends!
He is risen!
Together, we celebrate this most important day of the year with followers of Christ from all over the world.
Join us for Easter Restart
Easter marks a time of redemption and rebirth. It’s also a great time to bring a sense of renewal to your life. YouVersion has partnered with American Bible Society to help you embrace the promises and power of Easter through a collection of devotionals:
Sign up for a Restart reading plan with your free YouVersion account:
- Restart: Compassion and Justice Let God’s Word shape how you view and respond to poverty and injustice in a world that’s longing for the hope of Christ.40 days
- Restart: Stepping Out in Faith See your community through new eyes, as the book of Nehemiah reveals God’s heart for rebuilding broken lives and hopes. 40 days
- Restart: Leading With Confidence Explore God’s foundational promises for you and the people you serve—and become the leader He made you to be. 7 days
Watch The Bible Series Finale Tonight
With over 80 million viewers so far, the epic TV miniseries The Bible is helping people explore the Bible in new and powerful ways. It’s also leading millions to use the Bible App in record-breaking fashion.
In the finale of the series, we’ll see a compelling visualization of the Easter story. Watch the conclusion of The Bible, tonight at 8/7c on the History channel.
Easter is almost here! Next Sunday, March 31, join believers all over the world, as together we celebrate the resurrection of Christ. It’s so important to engage with God’s Word every day—especially during this last week we have before Resurrection Sunday. Consider trying one of these great plans to draw your heart into a posture of gratitude and worship for what Christ’s sacrifice means in our lives:
- Revealing Jesus with Darlene Zschech This video devotional features devotions, worship songs, and encouragement from internationally renowned worship leader Darlene Zschech, inspiring encounters with the heart of our Savior. 15 days
- Love to the Uttermost: Holy Week Spanning Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday, this individual, family, or group devotional uses nine select readings from John Piper to help direct our gaze toward our Savior. 9 days
- The Children’s Guide to Easter Read with your children about Jesus’ sacrifice to forgive our sins, featuring illustrations (iOS/Android/web only) and study questions designed to spark family discussion. 7 days
- Matt Maher – The Overflow Devo This devotional from Dove Award-winning singer/songwriter Maher breaks down themes from several of his songs centered around Jesus’ resurrection, exploring how God’s love and mercy affect each of us personally. 7 days
- Seven Mile Miracle Easter Devotion Pastor Steven Furtick from Elevation Church digs into seven of Jesus’ final sayings on the cross, with daily Scripture readings and practical application. From Seven Mile Miracle. 7 days
You can find these and several more Easter plans in the Featured category.
We’ve just added more than 30 new Reading Plans to the Bible App!
Reading Plans are one of the best ways we’ve found to help you consistently engage with God’s Word. Simply subscribe to a plan on the topic of your choice, and each day, the Bible App shows you a passage of Scripture for that day. Choose from devotionals, topical plans, portions of the Bible, the entire Bible, and other categories. With more than 400 plans in 30 different languages, you can find something that’s just right for where you are in life.
Selected New Plans
Here are just a few of the new Reading Plans you might want to try:
The Overflow presents new video devotionals from some of today’s leading Christian artists and musicians, such as Casting Crowns, Matthew West, Rhett Walker Band, RED, Sho Baraka, and more! Various lengths
Dave Ramsey’s Financial Wisdom from Proverbs takes you through ten practical, biblical steps to help you start getting your finances in order. From trusted voice on money and business Dave Ramsey. 10 days
New City Catechism video devotional offers a series of questions and answers teaching foundational theological principles. Designed to serve both children and adults. From The Gospel Coalition and Redeemer Presbyterian Church. 20 days
Selected New Categories
We’ve also added some new Reading Plan categories you might be interested in:
Focus on the Family features Reading Plans—including four brand-new ones from President Jim Daly—specifically designed to help families live out their faith based on biblical principles.
Time of Grace offers Reading Plans focused on imparting biblical principles about daily Christian life, with six new plans just added.
To check out all of YouVersion’s newest plans, visit the main Reading Plans page at Bible.com or look in the “New” category inside the Bible App.