Many of us schedule trips for fun and relaxation during this time of year. When you’re traveling, it’s easy to fall out of your regular routine of spending time daily in God’s Word. But with just a little forethought and planning, the Bible App™ can always be right there for you, helping you stay connected. Here are three tips we’ve put together to help you when you’re traveling:
- Download offline versions. Thanks to YouVersion’s generous Bible publishing partners, offline versions let you read your favorite translation, even when you can’t get a mobile signal or Internet access. On planes or on subways—or far away from anywhere—an offline version saved on your device keeps the Bible at your fingertips. But remember: You need to download them before you need them, preferably when you have good WiFi access. Just list the versions on your device, and tap the download icon next to each version you want to save to your device.
- Listen to audio Bibles. Audio Bibles are a great solution for loud or crowded places where you need a few moments for yourself, or even if you prefer listening to reading. Whether you’re waiting for a flight, out for a hike, or even riding in the car, audio Bibles can help you refocus on the things God’s trying to say to you. In the Bible App reader, just look for the audio icon and controls. (If you don’t see audio controls, try switching to another Bible version.) And remember to pack your headphones!
- Try a short plan. A trip is a great opportunity to mix things up a little. YouVersion offers reading plans that last as little as two days. Look for one that you can start and finish during your travels. How many days will you be gone—three, four, five, seven? Check online or in the Bible App to find one you like. Or consider one of these short plans:
- Experiencing God’s Renewal includes a daily short passage and devotional about how God is constantly renewing our hearts, minds, and purpose. 5 days
- The Gospel of Mark takes you through the entire book of Mark, reading a little each day. 8 days
- Courage brings you daily reminders from the Bible about boldness, confidence, and God’s promises for your life. 7 days
Whether you’re covering great distances or just taking a quick staycation at home, keep connected to God’s Word when you take time away. If you have suggestions of your own, please share them with us in the comments below, and on Facebook and Twitter.