Good news for all of our Android users, we’ve just pushed a YouVersion Bible update with plenty of new fixes. Here is a list of the updates in version 1.1:
- HTC Tattoo support. QVGA Resolution (240 × 320)
- Speed enhancements throughout the application.
- The Bible app now scrolls to the proper verse when searching.
- Updated the Profile Picture to match YouVersion.com
- Many fixes to improve stability and reduce crashing of the app.
If you haven’t gotten the release check for updates on your Android device (in the status bar notifications) or go straight to http://youversion.com/download for the new update!
Today is the highly expected launch of the Verizon Droid. It is the first device with Android 2.0 (Google’s mobile operating system), has a flip out Keyboard and has even been compared to Apple’s iPhone device by several bloggers (TechCrunch, Mashable, cnet).
Well as the new Droid launches we would also like to let everyone know that YouVersion Bible app is now available for mobile phones running Android! Just go to http://youversion.com/download and you will be directed from your Android phone to the free Bible app powered by YouVersion.
For those of you already using an Android device, or looking at making the change to Verizon’s Droid, what gets you most excited about the platform? Let us know over at http://facebook.com/youversion!
(The Bible for Android works on all Android devices such as the Hero from Sprint, the T-Mobile myTouch and CLIQ)
We are excited to announce the debut of the YouVersion Bible App for the Android Mobile Phone…also know as the Google Phone. Users of the Android Mobile Phone can download it now for free from Google’s built-in App Store called Market Place. The Bible App, which is also available for Blackberry, iPhone, and web-enabled mobile phones, includes many of the features you’re familiar with from YouVersion.com, like the reader, search, daily reading, bookmarking, and user contributions. Here’s a quick look:
You can choose from 40 different translations and 21 languages in the Bible App. Now, the ease of use you’ve come to expect from YouVersion.com is at your fingertips on your Android Mobile phone. Explore Scripture, expand your perspective, and experience community—all for free—by downloading the Bible App today.
The Digerati Team has been working hard and we’ve just released some great new updates for YouVersion, especially for Live. Here is a quick list of the updates just pushed:
- In YouVersion Groups you can now transfer Group Ownership from one account to another.
- Users can now leave a Group they’ve joined.
- Several fixes to search bugs when searching for Events
- And we’ve continued to make the site simpler and easier to use in the new Groups and Events areas.
We also just released the second “Why do you Love YouVersion?” video on our Facebook Page, be sure to check it out and leave a comment!
Yesterday the YouVersion Team pushed updates to the newly launched Groups and Live areas. For Groups you will now see easy links to go back in and edit your Events after you have set them up. You will also be able to access your Event Dashboard which is where you can view responses to Prayer Requests, Questions and the large screen display for your Polls. And in general you should be able to find your way around better in the Groups and Live areas.
There have also been a number of behind the scenes improvements to help speed up YouVersion and help it scale under all the heavy usage we’ve been getting, especially on Sunday mornings. We are excited for this update as the first of many that are on the way to continue to improve your experience with YouVersion.
Thank you to all the churches and groups that have already been so creative in using YouVersion Live for your events in your community. In fact we would love to see the creativity and innovation you are putting into your Events to share with others in the YouVersion community. You can send us the event link through a mention on Twitter to @YouVersion.
And if you haven’t seen it yet be sure to check out the first in a series of videos on “Why I Love YouVersion.”
An update of the Bible app is on the way! Version 2.0 of the YouVersion iPhone Bible app (Bible) is waiting patiently in line for approval at the iTunes Store. Last week we pushed out an update that included new YouVersion Live functionality and some Twitter features that we’re pretty excited about. The last update was also supposed to include the ability to view The Message as an offline translation. But a couple wires got crossed somewhere in that process that prevented The Message from showing up offline and also caused different translations to disappear offline for some users.
We apologize for the bugs that kept some of you from having access to your translation of choice. This update solves all of those issues, and refines the Bible app and some of the new features launched last week. Specifically here is what this update, version 2.0, includes:
- The Bible translation “The Message” is available as an offline download.
- A fix for the bug that caused certain translations to disappear when the Bible app was restarted or rebooted.
- Several improvements to YouVersion Live Events and detail pages.
- The addition of a webkit/browser into Bible app, so when clicking on links from within YouVersion Live, it doesn’t require leaving out to Safari.
- Completion of API implementation across the entire Bible app.
- Several speed and performance improvements.
In the midst of all the YouVersion Live launch excitement, we also had the pleasure of connecting with many of you last week during Catalyst and asking you the question, “What do you love about YouVersion?” Go to the YouVersion Facebook Page to see what people had to say and to share your answer!
You have probably noticed a number of updates coming to your Bible app over the past couple of weeks. Our developers have been hard at work adding in the new YouVersion Live functionality, squashing bugs and in the most recent update adding the ability to share scripture on Twitter. With all the updates that have come to YouVersion in the last week, we also paid extra attention to detail to make this version feel very polished.
Make sure your Blackberry device has this most recent update which is version 2.0.3. Here are some other items included in this update:
- When you leave a YouVersion Live event, the message to save notes is better. Pressing save on the dialog takes you to the screen to email your notes.
- There is a new menu item on the YouVersion Live event screen to go to the edit notes area.
- YouVersion Live Event description has been removed from the header and added to top of scrolling area.
- YouVersion Live Event times are now added to the date area of the header.
- The YouVersion Live Event widget titles should now completely reflect what was entered by the admin of the event.
Also, be sure to check out the videos and stories we got from Catalyst in Atlanta, GA this past week, to view click here.
YouVersion Live has been growing like crazy since launching last week, with more than 1,200 groups and 1,000 events taking place this weekend. In the midst of all those events, we noticed a couple of groups that came up with especially creative ways to use YouVersion Live at their church. Check it out:
The first event is from Hope Fellowship in Frisco, Texas:
The second event is from the Seacoast Church in Mount Pleasant:
Did you see any great events this week?