We are excited to announce YouVersion Mobile. Now, if you have a web enabled cell phone, you have full access to the Bible with 14 different Bible translations.
A few of the key features that we are excited about are the following:
- Quick Search including Book, Verse, Keyword, and Terms.
- 14 different translations including: ASV, AMP, ESV, HCSB, NASB, NCV, NIV, NKJV, TNIV, MSG, WEB, LBLA, NBLH, RVA.
- Daily Reading (One Year Bible)
- User contributions attributed to scripture verses including text, links and YouTube mobile video.
- List of 20 recent user contributions.
Don’t wait! Go to http://m.youversion.com from your mobile device now to check out the power of having instant access to the Bible in the palm of your hand.
YouVersion Beta R8.5 is live…so check it out now. We are really pleased with the update, and some of the patches. Some of the new features and noticeable fixes include:
- RSS for the One Year Bible (grab the RSS feed here)
- Consolidated RSS feed of all of the contributions from who you are following.
- Profile profile picture.
- New footer includes current Bible version and the ability to change translations.
- Almost forgot…fixed many submitted and unsubmitted ”bugs”.
Enjoy, and keep your great feedback coming.
The fun doesn’t stop! Check out what we’ve been up to for this release of YouVersion.com.
– Added the CEV (Contemporary English Version) translation
– Added another (125px125p) Bible Search widget – great for blog sidebars!
– Many of the bugs you’ve submitted (and that we’ve found) have been fixed.
As always we appreciate your feedback!
Last week, we announced a YouVersion release that included the NIV and new RSS feed options to name a few features. Today, we’re adding even more features in Release 7.1.
- The TNIV translation
- Social Network invite tool (Facebook, MySpace, etc.)
- A search sidebar widget for websites and blogs
If you’re not already, I encourage you to use one of the great sidebar widgets in your blog. You can find a variety of them (including the new search tool) here.
Share YouVersion with your friends….it’s simple!
Allow me take a few moments to share with you how YouVersion.com makes sharing the Bible with your friends extremely simple.
First, navigate your mouse and click on INVITE link at the top right of your browser. It will take you to the YouVersion.com/Invite page. Two options are available.
The first option is “Invite a friend from your address book.”
Simply enter your Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, AOL Mail, etc., email address and password. YouVersion will import your address book and you can send invites to all of your contacts.
The second option is to send YouVersion.com directly to one person at a time. After clicking the INVITE link, you will navigate to the bottom of the page. Here you will see “Invite a friend right now!”
At this point, enter your friend’s email address as well as your email and a personal message….and that’s it.
Sharing the Bible has never been more convenient. Please, take a moment and share YouVersion.com with some of your friends. You can start right now by clicking here.