**post from Swerve**
Our Digerati team has quietly continued to update and improve YouVersion since the public beta launched a few months ago. In fact, the 6th update was released a couple of weeks ago. You can read about the details of that release here and check out the updates at YouVersion.com.
One thing that has rapidly expanded since the original release is the number of translations that you can use. Currently, YouVersion contains the following translations:
American Standard Version (ASV)
Amplified Bible (AMP)
English Standard Version (ESV)
King James Version (KJV)
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
New Century Version (NCV)
New King James Version (NKJV)
The Message (MSG)
World English Bible (WEB)
La Biblia de las Americas (Spanish)
Nueva Biblia de los Hispanos (Spanish)
Reina-Valera Antigua (Spanish)
We have licensed and will soon release the Contemporary English Version (CEV) and Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). We are also in discussions with other publishers and hope to announce some additional translations soon. So, to put it simply, there are now many more options.
One of the main goals of YouVersion is to engage people with God’s Word. If you have not read the entire Bible, today is a great day to start. If you have read it through, you might try reading through a different translation this year. There is a one year reading plan on YouVersion that should make it easy (and free) to start now.
What translation(s) would you recommend that new Bible readers use? How about suggestions for people who might be looking to read a new translation? Are there any one year reading plans that you have used and would recommend to our swerve readers?
10 days until Christmas and the YouVersion development team is still crankin’ it out…They are like little elves in Santa’s work shop. I walked into the “workshop” the other day to learn this little tidbit.
“We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.” –Buddy the Elf.
Anyway, I wanted to share with you another new release…R6 is here. Some of the noticeable fixes and new features include:
Enjoy Beta Release 6, and look for more to come soon! Don’t forget to send us your feedback and thoughts. We love hearing from you guys and gals.
So here we are…two weeks from the last blog post and we have another new release. I am pleased to announce YouVersion Beta R5! Some of the noticeable fixes and new features include:
- Vimeo video support– now contribute your videos located in your Vimeo account.
- Edit/Delete– now you have the ability to Edit your text and link contributions or Delete any of your contributions.
- New Dashboard and Sign Up pages.
- Some other really nice little touches I am sure you will see.
I say this every time, but I really do mean it… your feedback and thoughts have been great, so keep them coming. Here is some insiders info, the next few weeks will be dedicated to installing many additional Bible translations. See, we are listening to your feedback!
Beta R4 is now live and available for your viewing pleasure. This release has some really cool new features that I think you will enjoy. Some of the noticeable fixes and new features include:
- Dashboard– quickly view new contributions and new users.
- Flickr support– now contribute your images located in your Flickr account.
- Content rankings– user contributions are now weighted based on ratings, etc.
- 1 year Bible reading plan– the first of many Bible reading plans.
- And as always…fixed many submitted and unsubmitted”bugs”.
In the past few weeks literally thousands and thousands of new users have joined YouVersion and provided some amazing feedback. We are continuing to work hard improving YouVersion and adding new features and functionality. Please don’t hesitate to give us your feedback or ideas…we have received some awesome ideas!
Enjoy Beta R4!
YouVersion Beta R3 is now active. R3 includes many bug fixes and some new features. Some of the noticeable fixes and new features include:
- Link it– with Link it you have the ability to select multiple verses and get direct links to each of them.
- Remember Translation– when you leave YouVersion and come back we now remember your previous translation.
- Rate it– When you rate a piece of content the stars now display correctly.
- Journal dates– Journal date fixes.
Your feedback and thoughts have been great, keep them coming. Enjoy Beta R3, and as always…there are some really interesting things coming in the near future. Including more translations, some major feature releases, and more.