We’re thrilled to introduce Bible App 5, our biggest update ever. Over the last five years, the Bible App has helped millions grow closer to God’s Word through a personal experience with Scripture. Now, with this latest update, you can bring some of your favorite people into the picture as you explore the Bible with your closest friends.
Conversation & Discovery: Explore the Bible with your Closest Friends
Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering. Gain a new way of looking at things as you spend time together in the Bible.
Bible App 5 helps these conversations become part of our daily life—commenting on the bookmark of a friend who’s going through a tough season, getting new insight as you read a friend’s note on a familiar passage, finding common ground with a friend who just highlighted the same verse. It’s an environment for asking sincere questions, sharing struggles and a-ha moments, and living closer to each other and God.
It’s our passion at YouVersion to equip this generation to become the most Bible-engaged in history. We believe Bible App 5 is a leap forward in that effort, and we can’t wait to hear what you think!
Update your app or download Bible App 5 for Android or iOS today. You can also experience it on the web at bible.com.
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sirma.mobile.bible.android
App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bible/id282935706?mt=8
The Bible App for Kids has two brand new stories, both available for your kids to start enjoying right away. “The Dreamer” is the story of Joseph, a boy who has special dreams inspired by God, from Genesis 37 and 39. “Dreams Come True” is the thrilling conclusion to Joseph’s story, showing that God was with him all along, keeping His promise to Joseph’s father Jacob. Of course, both of these Joseph stories feature the same delightful animation and fun interaction your children have come to expect from the Bible App for Kids.
If you already have the most recent update of the Bible App for Kids, you’ll see “The Dreamer” and “Dreams Come True” in the main timeline as soon as you open the app. All you need to do to get the new stories is tap and download.
TIP: While each story takes just a few moments to download over a fast Wi-Fi connection, you might want to download them first—before you share them with your kids.
What’s The Bible App for Kids?
Already installed on nearly 3 million unique devices, the completely free Bible App for Kids is the newest app from YouVersion, makers of the Bible App. Designed to give your children a delight-filled Bible experience all their own, here are all the places where you can find the Bible App for Kids:
Apple: App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bible-for-kids/id668692393?ls=1&mt=8
Android: Google Play: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bible.kids
Kindle Fire: Amazon Appstore: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GURLC40
Easter is a time when people who don’t usually go to church might be more interested in learning or reading more about God. For anyone who wants to see what the Bible is all about, the Bible App is a great (and, of course, free) way to get started. Millions of people all over the world have found the Bible App a simple yet powerful way to bring the Bible into their everyday lives.
This Easter season, whether you’re a church leader or someone who wants to share the Bible with your friends, the Bible App is the easiest way to help people begin engaging with the Bible.
Download resources like this one for free!
Simple ways ANYBODY can share:
- Easiest: Point people to bible.com/app or to the YouVersion Bible App in their app store. And don’t forget the kids! Sharebible.com/kids with the families you know and help them find the Bible App for Kids in their app store.
- Very Easy: Wherever you are: with family, at church, waiting in line at the grocery store…strike up a conversation about favorite apps, then suggest the Bible App (or even download it) for anyone who’s interested.
- Still Pretty Easy: Share verses and Plans you like to your favorite social media platform, from right inside the Bible App. You can even share the Bible App, just by selecting “Share,” right from the main menu.
Simple ways CHURCHES can share:
We understand you have a lot going on during Easter. YouVersion tries really hard to help you get the Bible into people’s hands, whether they’re new to church, they have questions, or they’re trying to start a daily Bible habit. And the Bible App is always completely free.
- Easiest: Point people to bible.com/app or to the YouVersion Bible App in their app store. And don’t forget the kids! Sharebible.com/kids with the families in your church or lead them to the Bible App for Kids in their app store.
- Very Easy: Use our free videos and graphics in your weekend service. You’ll find postcards, bulletin inserts, and posters you can print here, and even ProPresenter slides, all available in several languages.* And all of these resources are available year-round—not just during Easter.
- Still Pretty Easy: We’d love to give you FREE sticker cards. But don’t put it off: our supplies are limited.
* English, Korean, Spanish (Latin American), Chinese (both Simplified and Traditional), Brazilian Portuguese, German, French, Dutch, and Russian.
In a full-page ad in yesterday’s New York Times, the makers of the new epic film Noah recommend you read the biblical account of Noah’s story in the Bible App. We couldn’t agree more!
Read Noah’s story in Genesis at bible.com or in the Bible App.
With the abundance of Bible-related movies and television shows over the past year, Hollywood seems to be realizing something the YouVersion community already knows: all over the world, this generation is excited about engaging with the Bible.
The Noah movie, starring Russell Crowe, opens worldwide on Friday. But you don’t have to wait. You can read (or listen to) the original story right now in the Bible App—in about nine minutes.
Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of the Christian tradition of Lent. During these 40 days leading up to Easter (April 20), followers of Christ prepare their hearts by turning their minds away from the physical to the spiritual. YouVersion offers several Bible plans that can help you reflect on God’s Word every day between now and Easter:
- Lent For Everyoneis a devotional featuring a daily reading from Matthew and inspirational words for reflection from renowned New Testament scholar N.T. Wright. 53 days
- 40 Days of Lent chronologically traces Jesus’ last week on earth, through the New Testament gospel accounts. The seven Sundays are days of rest, according to tradition. 47 days
- Hillsong: 40 Days of Revival reveals attributes from history’s greatest revivals — presence, prayer, purity, power, personal sacrifice, and praise — to help you know God and His ways.40 days
Whether you prefer reading the Bible or hearing it read to you, you can find many more plans at www.bible.com/reading-plans.
The most important things in our lives are worth sharing. Tell your friends which Bible plan you’re committing to—and ask them to join you! Then keep sharing what you’re reading and learning, all the way up to Easter Sunday. Online, the worldwide YouVersion community will be using the hashtag #PreparingForEaster.