We want to make connecting with God’s Word as simple and as fast as possible for the YouVersion BlackBerry community, no matter where you are. The Bible App™ for BlackBerry offers you several exciting new features in the latest release, version 3.3, available immediately in BlackBerry App World or as a direct browser download:
- Dashboard. The brand new Dashboard launcher gives you instant access to the features you use most, directly from the completely redesigned welcome screen!
- Notifications. New Notifications help the Bible App communicate with you how you want, letting you know when you reach milestones like completing a reading plan, or sharing important YouVersion news with you, right inside the app.
- Support. Now you can get assistance fast, connecting directly with YouVersion’s Support team—again, from right inside the Bible App.
Let us know what you think on Facebook and Twitter, and please be sure to spread the news to all your friends who have BlackBerry devices!
They’re here! Free audio Bibles are now immediately available in the Bible App™ for BlackBerry. If you have a BlackBerry device, before you can try out audio Bibles, you’ll first need to get the latest version of the Bible App™ for BlackBerry, 3.2, either from BlackBerry App World or as a direct browser download.
Once you’ve updated your device, you’ll be able to listen to the Bible being read to you in your car, while you’re exercising, while you’re working, or even as you read along. So far, the Bibles you can listen to include:
- New International Version (NIV)
- English Standard Version (ESV)
- New Living Translation (NLT)
- King James Version (KJV) Listener’s Bible
- Douay-Rheims (DRA) New Testament Audio Bible
- Chinese Standard Bible (CSB)
- American Standard Version (ASV) New Testament
- La Biblia de las Américas (LBLA), and
- World English Bible (WEB)
And this is only the beginning, so be sure to keep checking back. Even more Bibles are coming, in even more languages!
You may know that in February, the Bible App™ for Android was the first YouVersion platform to get audio Bibles. And of course, we recently shared the huge announcement that audio Bibles will also be coming to the Bible App for iPhone/iPod touch literally any day now. Today, as a courtesy of several visionary partners, you can start listening immediately to the following Bibles on Android, and on iPhone/iPod touch the first day version 3.0 launches:
- The KJV Listener’s Bible (KJV). Dramatic narration of the King James Version from Fellowship for the Performing Arts.
- The Douay-Rheims Audio Bible (DRA). Steve Webb’s reading of The Holy Bible Douay-Rheims Version New Testament, with Challoner Revisions.
- American Standard Version (ASV). New Testament Bible provided by FreeASV.org.
- World English Bible (WEB). Modern English translation based on the ASV, dedicated to the public domain by eBible.org.
Please go give one a listen, and ask your friends and loved ones with Android devices to try them too. Also, please come let us know what you think on Facebook and Twitter!
Still want more?
How about this? Next up: audio Bibles are coming to the Bible App for BlackBerry! More details coming soon…
Version 3.1.2, the latest release of the Bible App™ for BlackBerry, is available immediately from BlackBerry App World or as a direct browser download.
In our last release, you might remember that we introduced Russian and Portuguese as language interface options for BlackBerry. Today we’re happy to add Korean and Dutch to that list. This means that if you set your BlackBerry’s default language to any of these, the Bible App’s controls will display for you in that language.
YouVersion’s awesome volunteer community is who makes this happen. If you’d like to see more languages added to the Bible App on BlackBerry—and you’re available to help with the translation of our interface—let us know by signing up as a volunteer.
You should find that this new release loads faster and more smoothly handles connections to your service provider or the Internet. We’ve also addressed the “File not found” error that some users were seeing on some devices when using offline Bible translations. Speaking of offline translations, if you haven’t already heard about that feature, be sure to check it out. You can learn more about it here.
We just wanted to remind you: Our special promotion celebrating the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible with Biblica and Zondervan is almost over. If you haven’t already downloaded the New International Version (NIV) to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android, or BlackBerry device, don’t miss your chance!
This limited offer ends next Tuesday, March 1,
at 12:00 PM noon U.S. ET (GMT-5)
That’s when you’ll also be able to pick up the NIV in print at retailers everywhere. We’d like to thank Biblica and Zondervan once again for making the NIV available offline. You can follow the NIV on Twitter or Facebook, or learn more about it at NIV’s website.
Just to be clear, even when this promotion is over, you’ll still be able to access the NIV you downloaded, just as long as you don’t remove it from your device. If any of your friends has one of these devices, please let them know about this special offer too—but hurry!
Here are instructions for how you can download offline versions: