Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of the Christian tradition of Lent. During these 40 days leading up to Easter (April 20), followers of Christ prepare their hearts by turning their minds away from the physical to the spiritual. YouVersion offers several Bible plans that can help you reflect on God’s Word every day between now and Easter:
- Lent For Everyoneis a devotional featuring a daily reading from Matthew and inspirational words for reflection from renowned New Testament scholar N.T. Wright. 53 days
- 40 Days of Lent chronologically traces Jesus’ last week on earth, through the New Testament gospel accounts. The seven Sundays are days of rest, according to tradition. 47 days
- Devotions for Lent from Holy Bible: Mosaicbrings together quotes, readings, and Scripture to focus your mind on Christ. 46 days
- ReThink Life: 40 Day Devotional presents Scripture, key thoughts, and prayer to challenge you to “rethink” seven important areas in your life. 40 days
- Hillsong: 40 Days of Revival reveals attributes from history’s greatest revivals — presence, prayer, purity, power, personal sacrifice, and praise — to help you know God and His ways.40 days
- The 40-Day New Testament Challenge leads you through the entire New Testament in just 40 days, taking off Sundays as traditional days of rest. 40 days
Whether you prefer reading the Bible or hearing it read to you, you can find many more plans at www.bible.com/reading-plans.
The most important things in our lives are worth sharing. Tell your friends which Bible plan you’re committing to—and ask them to join you! Then keep sharing what you’re reading and learning, all the way up to Easter Sunday. Online, the worldwide YouVersion community will be using the hashtag #PreparingForEaster.