After the announcement of the Bible App™ version 3.3 release for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, we promised we’d give you specific tips on how you could get the most out of it. First, we covered Bible Reader updates. Today, we’ll tell you about enhancements to Sign in, Sign up, and integrated Technical Support.
- Sign in is cleaner and offers more options, such as signing in with either your email address or username.
- Sign up now lets you sign up for a free YouVersion account using your Facebook login, saving you time:
- You won’t have to verify your email address, and
- Your YouVersion account connects automatically to your Facebook account, making it easy to share the Bible App, verses, or Bible plans with your friends.
- Now you can access Technical Support from directly inside the Bible App. When you email Support from within the Bible App, your request automatically includes information that helps our team quickly troubleshoot your issue.
|Also from directly inside the Bible App, you can:
- View solutions to Frequently Asked Questions from the YouVersion knowledgebase.
- Watch video tutorials, and
- See recent tweets on known issues from @YouVersionHelp, YouVersion’s official support account on Twitter.
Still don’t have your Apple device updated to the latest release of the Bible App? What are you waiting for? You can get it right now in the iTunes App Store. And be sure to come back tomorrow to learn all about the brand-new highlighting features and exciting updates to bookmarks! These much-requested, new and updated features promise to make your experience connecting with the Bible through the Bible App richer than ever before.
Yesterday we announced the major release of version 3.3 of the Bible App™ for iOS. Over the next few days, we’ll be sharing with you some specific details about how you can take full advantage of this comprehensive update. Today, we’ll focus on enhancements to the Bible Reader: what they do for you and how you use them.
Keep checking back here for more tips about some of the great, time-saving features you can find in the updated Bible App. If you haven’t updated yours already, go check it out now in the iTunes App Store. And please tell your friends!
Version 3.3 of the Bible App™ for iOS (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch) is in the iTunes App Store now! (Complete instructions for how to update are at the end of this post.) You’ll find this latest release packed with updates and improvements:
- For the first time, you can select multiple verses at one time to bookmark, highlight, share, or create a note.
- The sign-in/sign-up process is now streamlined for speed and clarity.
- The Settings screen is redesigned to give you better access to more functionality like support and Reader changes. (Look for more updates here on our blog in the coming months…)
- Navigating to another book, chapter, or verse is updated to reflect the way most people actually navigate Scripture. You should find getting around a lot faster and easier now.
- Now you can use your Facebook account to sign up for your free YouVersion account, which will let you easily track your Bible reading, add notes and highlights, and share online—just a few of its many benefits.
- Find technical support directly inside the Bible App. You can even send support requests through email that will automatically include all the information our Support team needs to answer your questions quickly and accurately.
- YouVersion’s amazing community of volunteers has done it once again, making the Bible App’s Japanese interface even better.
Here are some sneak peeks of what you can expect…
A few new features are specific to iPhone and iPod touch only:
- Now you can view Scripture in fullscreen mode by simply double-tapping on the Bible Reader. (Just double-tap again to return to normal reading mode.)
- Highlight your favorite verses with custom colors and sync them online or on other devices that support this feature.
- Bookmarks now offer advanced features like titles, labels, and highlight colors.
Share the love. Please tell your friends with Apple devices about this new release. And we’d love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter.
Get Your Update Now:
If you already have the Bible App installed:
- On your Apple device, tap the App Store icon.
- When the App Store opens, tap the Updates icon.
- Tap Update for the Bible App.
Tap Update All.
If this is your first time installing the Bible App:
- On your Apple device, tap the App Store icon.
- When the App Store opens, tap the Search icon.
- Search for “Bible”.
- Tap the Bible App from LifeChurch.tv.
- Tap the FREE button.
Now you can experience both YouVersion.com and the Bible App™ entirely in Chinese! While we’ve offered both Simplified and Traditional Chinese as individual language options at YouVersion.com for months, what we’re announcing today is much more than that. When the YouVersion community formally launches an additional language, what that means is that every single interaction you can have with YouVersion’s tools and community is now available completely in that language. Chinese is our fourth total language launch. (English was first, followed by Norwegian and Spanish.)
Specifically, here are all the ways that the YouVersion community (that’s you!) can now engage with God’s Word in Chinese:
- Great Chinese Bibles. YouVersion’s partners have graciously provided our community with several high quality, widely read Chinese versions of the Bible. (To see the full list, check 简体中文 and 繁體中文 near the bottom of the Versions page or, in the Bible App, click to change your current version and scroll to see the available Chinese versions.)
- Entire User Interface. Thanks once again to our world-changing community of YouVersion volunteers, when you select Simplified or Traditional Chinese as the default language on your device—whether on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android, or BlackBerry—the Bible App displays all of your controls and menu options in that language.
- Communication in Chinese. Volunteers now make relevant YouVersion blog posts available in Simplified and Traditional Chinese. And when you initiate communication with YouVersion in Chinese, your email and other responses will be in Chinese as well.
- Support in Chinese. Now, you can even get help with the Bible App and YouVersion.com in Simplified or Traditional Chinese! When you have questions, YouVersion volunteers who speak Chinese will be happy to assist you.
YouVersion’s vision has always been simple: To help people connect freely with God’s Word, as easily as possible, no matter where they live or what language they speak. If your friends’ or loved ones’ heart language is Chinese, please share this great news about YouVersion.com and the Bible App with them. And be sure to come connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. We love hearing from you!
Keep checking back… To all our new Chinese speakers: Welcome to our YouVersion family! We’re thrilled to have you join us. Over the next couple of weeks here on our blog, we’ll be providing more details about each individual piece of the complete Chinese launch. We’re excited to share with you all that our community has to offer!
We want to make connecting with God’s Word as simple and as fast as possible for the YouVersion BlackBerry community, no matter where you are. The Bible App™ for BlackBerry offers you several exciting new features in the latest release, version 3.3, available immediately in BlackBerry App World or as a direct browser download:
- Dashboard. The brand new Dashboard launcher gives you instant access to the features you use most, directly from the completely redesigned welcome screen!
- Notifications. New Notifications help the Bible App communicate with you how you want, letting you know when you reach milestones like completing a reading plan, or sharing important YouVersion news with you, right inside the app.
- Support. Now you can get assistance fast, connecting directly with YouVersion’s Support team—again, from right inside the Bible App.
Let us know what you think on Facebook and Twitter, and please be sure to spread the news to all your friends who have BlackBerry devices!
YouVersion now has another helpful widget for the Bible App™ for Android. The Bible Verse of the Day widget displays an inspirational verse every day, right on your device’s home screen. If you’d like to read the verse in its context, simply tap it, and the widget will take you directly to that verse in the Bible App reader.
Also included in this release—thanks once again to the world-changing community of YouVersion volunteers—is the addition of Ukrainian, Norwegian, Italian, Romanian and Japanese as interface options. What that means is that when you select one of these as the default language for your device, you’ll see all of the controls and menu options for the Bible App in that same language.
To get this widget and the new language options, you’ll need to update to the newest version of the Bible App for Android, version 3.1, available immediately in the Android App Market.
How to Add Your Widget:
Note: Remember, you have to update to the newest version first.
- Go to your Home screen.
- Make room on your Home screen for another widget
(removing other unused icons and widgets if necessary).
- Tap Menu.
- Tap Add.
- Tap Widgets.
- Tap the “Bible (Verse of the Day)” item.
They’re here! Free audio Bibles are now immediately available in the Bible App™ for BlackBerry. If you have a BlackBerry device, before you can try out audio Bibles, you’ll first need to get the latest version of the Bible App™ for BlackBerry, 3.2, either from BlackBerry App World or as a direct browser download.
Once you’ve updated your device, you’ll be able to listen to the Bible being read to you in your car, while you’re exercising, while you’re working, or even as you read along. So far, the Bibles you can listen to include:
- New International Version (NIV)
- English Standard Version (ESV)
- New Living Translation (NLT)
- King James Version (KJV) Listener’s Bible
- Douay-Rheims (DRA) New Testament Audio Bible
- Chinese Standard Bible (CSB)
- American Standard Version (ASV) New Testament
- La Biblia de las Américas (LBLA), and
- World English Bible (WEB)
And this is only the beginning, so be sure to keep checking back. Even more Bibles are coming, in even more languages!
For almost three years now, our dedicated iOS YouVersion community (iPhone, iPod touch, and more recently, iPad) has been engaging with and sharing God’s Word through their Apple devices. And during that time, regular app updates have debuted new languages and features like social connections, offline versions, notes, and of course reading plans. Today we’re thrilled to share the dawn of the all-new, next generation of the Bible App™ for iOS: VERSION 3.0.
This complete overhaul makes connecting with the Bible simpler and more flexible than ever before. You can find a complete feature list at the end of this post, but here are just a few highlights (click the images to enlarge):
- Audio Bibles. From the main Bible Reader, you’ll be able to have the Bible read to you (a full list of the audio versions available at launch is below). Although not in this release, audio Bibles will even be coming soon to the reader in your Reading Plan!
- Easier Reading. With the words of Christ in red (in participating versions) and adjustable brightness, contrast, and fonts, you’ll be able to read clearly in any light, making your text the size and look that’s most comfortable for your eyes.
- Dashboard Launcher. You’ll be able to directly access the most commonly used features from the newly designed welcome screen. (Many of these features will just be one click away on most other screens too.)
- Recent Activity. A quick chronological list helps you see everything you’ve done while you’ve been using the Bible App, with each item just one tap away from jumping right back to it.
As soon as Version 3.0 hits the iTunes App Store, you can be sure we’ll announce it here and on Facebook and Twitter. But even more great tools are on the horizon. Besides everything you see here, still to come in a future release…
- Audio for reading plans
- Improved Bookmarks with addition of Highlighting
- All-new, easier navigation for books, chapters and verses