Why don’t people read the Bible more? Most Christians say it’s because they don’t have enough time. This week, we’ve been talking about how you can use a Reading Plan in the Bible App™ or at YouVersion.com to genuinely engage with the Scriptures. Most of us probably don’t feel there’s any “spare time” in our busy schedules. But there’s actually lots of time each day we could reclaim. Have you ever considered how much time you spend in a typical day…waiting?
When your Bible’s always with you, you can read:
- Before anyone else you live with gets up (if you’re a morning person).
- While you’re having your morning coffee or breakfast.
- During your morning/evening commute on the train, the tube, or the bus. (Please: Not if you’re driving!)
- While you’re waiting for a meeting to start.
- As you’re eating lunch or taking a break from work.
- When you’re waiting in line. (This could be anywhere: the grocery store, the post office, a movie.)
- When you’re using the restroom. (Some of us get more time in the loo than others—some of us, much more time.)
- While you’re hanging out waiting for your kids at soccer, at dance, at football practice, at volleyball, to get out of school… (If you have kids, you know this list could be practically endless.)
- After everyone else you live with is asleep (if you’re a night person).
With the Bible App or another free tool, God’s Word is always as close as your phone. With offline versions like ESV and NLT (among many others), you don’t even have to be connected to the Internet or your service provider. If you don’t already have the Bible App, get it now. And start redeeming your time.