Share what you love about YouVersion at our Facebook Page.
You have probably noticed a number of updates coming to your Bible app over the past couple of weeks. Our developers have been hard at work adding in the new YouVersion Live functionality, squashing bugs and in the most recent update adding the ability to share scripture on Twitter. With all the updates that have come to YouVersion in the last week, we also paid extra attention to detail to make this version feel very polished.
Make sure your Blackberry device has this most recent update which is version 2.0.3. Here are some other items included in this update:
- When you leave a YouVersion Live event, the message to save notes is better. Pressing save on the dialog takes you to the screen to email your notes.
- There is a new menu item on the YouVersion Live event screen to go to the edit notes area.
- YouVersion Live Event description has been removed from the header and added to top of scrolling area.
- YouVersion Live Event times are now added to the date area of the header.
- The YouVersion Live Event widget titles should now completely reflect what was entered by the admin of the event.
Also, be sure to check out the videos and stories we got from Catalyst in Atlanta, GA this past week, to view click here.
YouVersion Live has been growing like crazy since launching last week, with more than 1,200 groups and 1,000 events taking place this weekend. In the midst of all those events, we noticed a couple of groups that came up with especially creative ways to use YouVersion Live at their church. Check it out:
The first event is from Hope Fellowship in Frisco, Texas:
The second event is from the Seacoast Church in Mount Pleasant:
Did you see any great events this week?
YouVersion Live is now ready for you to use!
YouVersion Live is the latest addition to YouVersion, and it’s a brand new way to experience church services and other live events. On your mobile device or any computer with an Internet connection, you can follow along with message outlines and take notes, read related Bible verses and click through to the expanded passage, vote on a poll and see the results live, ask questions anonymously, give, request prayer, and take it all home with you on your phone.
Want to see it in action? We’ve created a demo event so you can get a feel for how it works. Just open up the Bible App on your mobile device, select the “Live” icon from the dock at the bottom, and you’ll see it as an available event.
In the future, you can search for a locality (state or city or zip) and it will return a list of nearby events. If your phone has GPS enabled, it will detect your location and return the results automatically. Tap the event that you’re participating in and enjoy.
Ready to get started? Great! Setting up an event is an easy process, and we think you’ll have lots of fun finding creative ways to use this new feature.
1. Set up a group. Churches, Bible study groups, and other organizations create a group as the first step to setting up an event. It helps users know who’s hosting an event (and we’ll be adding some cool features for groups in the future). Any YouVersion user can join a group and can belong to multiple groups at the same time. So, the first time you’re creating an event, just go to www.YouVersion.com, choose “Groups” from the “Community” tab, and you’ll be led through an easy step-by-step process to set up your group.
2. Create your event. Once you’ve created your group, you’ll be taken to an area that’s just accessible to you, the administrator of the group. Choose “Create a Live Event,” fill in the required information, and then customize the event with by dragging and dropping the event items in the order you’d like them to occur. Preview your event to make sure everything’s ship-shape, and you should be good to go at the start time you designated.
We can’t wait to see how YouVersion Live takes your communication full circle. Try it out