Update 2.0.3 was pushed out earlier this week…you might have already seen some of the amazing new features and fixes. Here is the punch list of new features and updates:
- Implement a new widget in the Reader, it’s an audio Bible with many translations to choose from and is powered by Faith Comes by Hearing.
- Implement short URLs (read.ly), this can be seen in the Link to Reference widget in the Reader.
- URL has been setup at http://www.youversion.com/download that will take anyone who visits the URL from their Blackberry, iPhone or Android device straight to the correct place to download the app for their phone. If you’re coming from a mobile device not listed, it sends you to m.youversion.com automatically.
- Book, chapter and version pickers in the Reader now scroll down to the position you are currently at when opened.
- If you search for a reference (ex John 3:16) it will now take you straight to the Reader. If you do this while on the Reader page, there is no page refresh it just loads the chapter/verse up instantly.
- You can also do a search for reference on the mobile site (m.youversion.com) to jump straight to a chapter/verse. This makes navigation on the mobile site much easier now.
- All HTMLs sent from YouVersion.com (sign up, invite, following, etc) are in plain text instead of HTML emails, this makes it easier to read on a mobile device.
- Parallel reading has been greatly improved. We now only sync the right side with the left, so if you’re scrolling the left side, the right side will attempt to sync but if you start scrolling the right it stays independent. The main reason for doing this was to cut down on some of the erratic behavior that can start to happen in certain situations (screen sizes, etc). It has made the Parallel mode a lot more stable and usable.
- Duplication of “likes” on your Likes page.
- Sometimes after removing a “like” it would still show up on your Likes page.
- If you “liked” something in the Reader, it wouldn’t show up on the individual contribution page for that item that you had liked it, thereby presenting you with another “Like” button but then throwing an error.
- Sometimes switching versions it would not line back up to the verse you were on in the previous version.
- When in Reader and highlighting verses, if only one contribution was found for the verse(s) highlighted there would be a navigation error that made it impossible to view the contribution content.
- Now you can type just the book name in the Reader input field (ex Genesis) and it will take you to Genesis 1:1, before it would throw an error.
- Bug in Safari on Community page where display formatting would get messed up under certain orders of contributions, likes, bookmarks, etc.
- Links in Daily Reading RSS feed now go to the right location.
- HTML code for the last badge on the Badges page was the code for the one above it, this has been fixed.
- Many other minor bug fixes.
Look for a few blog posts in the near future highlighting some of these new features! Thanks again for your support, and Happy YouVersion’ing!