Yes, you read the title correctly. Offline Bible versions are now available for download through our Android Bible app!
Until now, offline Bible versions were only available to our iPhone and iPad users, but today marks a new era of Bible engagement. Now millions of Android users will be able to read the Bible anywhere, anytime, whether they are connected to the Internet or not. This is a significant update for several reasons:
- Our awesome (and patient) Android users finally get the feature they’ve been asking for most.
- Offline access means more opportunities to engage in Scripture!
- The growth of the Android platform means hundreds of millions of people will be given the ability to interact with the Bible all over the world, even when they are offline.
- The YouVersion Bible app for Android is already fast, delivering Scripture with blazing speed over a web connection. But now that you can have Bible versions stored directly on the device, loading Scripture will be faster than ever.
We hope you love this update as much as we’ve enjoyed bringing it to you. The update is available in the Android Market now.
Try it now!
To download a Bible version on Android:
- Go to the list of Bible versions by tapping the top bar, then tap the top right box.
- In the list of Bible versions, offline available versions are signified by small download icons on the right side. When you tap one of the download icons, the download will begin and a progress bar will appear.
- Once the version has been downloaded, that Bible version will have a green and grey icon on the left side on the list so you know it’s available offline.